Love Your Hospital Lottery
Rules and Regulations
These words and terms, when used within these Rules & Regulations, shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
‘Charitable Trust’ means Western Sussex Charitable Funds T/A Love Your Hospital, registered charity number 1049201, whose registered office is at Charity Management Office, St Richard’s Hospital, Spitalfield Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 6SE.
‘Fundraising Database’ means the computer software used by the Charitable Trust to store donors’ information. This is the database on which all lottery participants will be entered and which will be used to randomly select the winning numbers. The database used is called ‘Harlequin CRM’ and is designed by a specialist charity software company called Harlequin Software Limited.
‘Lottery’ means Love Your Hospital Lottery
‘Lucky Number’ means the number allocated to a Participant after s/he has registered to play the Lottery.
‘Minor’ means an individual younger than sixteen (16) years of age.
‘Promoter’ means Love Your Hospital.
‘Registration’ means the process of registering to play the Lottery.
1. Love Your Hospital Lottery is registered under the Gambling Act 2005 with Chichester District Council.
2. The Lottery is open to everyone aged 16 or over. Gambling legislation means it is an offence for a Minor to be sold any Gambling products. By entering their date of birth and either ticking the box online or the participant’s signature on the Lottery Joining Form will be taken as a declaration that s/he is 16 or over.
3. All paid staff, volunteers and trustees of Western Sussex Hospitals Trust and members of the public may play the Lottery, apart from those directly involved with the day to day running of the Lottery or signatories on the Lottery bank account.
4. It is the responsibility of the participant to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
5. An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the Love Your Hospital Lottery or one off prize draws may be submitted in writing by downloading a form from our website, telephoned through to the charity office or emailed to us. Participants wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion and then expanded in 6 monthly increments.
6. The requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 mean that the Love Your Hospital Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that participants are 16 years old or over and reside in Great Britain. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. By submitting a request to join the lottery, individuals are agreeing to Love Your Hospital Lottery carrying out checks in any way it may deem appropriate.
7. We reserve the right not to accept an application to join the lottery, or to cancel an existing subscription at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Head of Charity within 7 days. The decision of the Head of Charity will be final.
8. Love Your Hospital is a member of The Lotteries Council who on behalf of their members make a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the www.begambleaware.org website.
9. All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved, it will be referred to alternative dispute resolution. As a member of the Lotteries Council this will be free of charge through The Independent Betting Association Service (IBAS) Telephone:020 7347 5883. Fax:020 7347 5882. Email:email@example.com.
10. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act 1998 and the forth coming General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and protect your personal data as well as storing securely bank information and credit / debit card data for those participants who pay by these methods. It will be appreciated by participants that Love Your Hospital Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
11. All profits from our Lottery go directly towards providing the latest medical equipment, new facilities and the best possible hospital experience for patients, visitors and staff.
12. Each entry in the Lottery will cost £1. Entries are limited to a maximum of 10 per person per week.
13. All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw carried out normally each Friday. If you pay £4.34 or multiples thereof by calendar month then each 34p per entry will accumulate in your account over three months to fund the thirteenth week in every quarter of a year resulting from some months having 5 weeks in them. All single tickets are paid for at the time of receipt and charged at £1 per ticket. Participants can also pay £13 per quarter, £26 per half year, or £52 per full year; Payment is accept by cheque, cash, card, standing order or Direct Debit.
14. Love Your Hospital Lottery will take all reasonable steps to ensure payment received into its bank account is considered as a stake in the draw. In the event of ambiguous credits into the bank account Love Your Hospital Lottery will take reasonable steps to confirm the intention of these monies from the sender of these monies and act accordingly.
15. Card payments will be accepted either face to face, in the lottery office, by mail or via telephone. The participant must be the cardholder. Love Your Hospital Lottery will not take any further card payments without permission from the cardholder. Love Your Hospital Lottery will hold a record of any and all transactions.
16. If the transaction is made by mail then the following will apply. In the event of the participant being new to the lottery, Love Your Hospital Lottery will confirm their opening subscription in writing. In the event of the transaction failing Love Your Hospital Lottery will inform the prospective participant of this failure and would expect to include reasons for this failure. The prospective participant will be asked whether they still wish to become a participant of the lottery and if so would need to supply an opening payment. In the event of the participant renewing their existing subscription it will be assumed that the transaction has succeeded and Love Your Hospital Lottery will not notify confirmation to the participant. In the event of the transaction failing Love Your Hospital Lottery will inform the participant of this failure and would expect to include reasons for this failure. The participant will be asked whether they wish to play the lottery and that if so would need to supply another payment.
17. If the transaction is conducted via telephone the following will apply. The participant will be informed during the call that the transaction will be made by the cashiers following the call. If this participant is a new participant to the lottery they will be sent confirmation of their participation in the lottery. If this participant is an existing participant renewing their subscription they will not be sent any confirmation of the transaction.
18. Participants will be sent a reminder if payment is made by cheque, cash or card before their Lucky Number is due to expire. They will have the opportunity to transfer their payment to Direct Debit or continue paying by their chosen method as before.
19. Subscriptions to the Lottery cannot attract Gift Aid.
20. Participants will be informed of their Lucky Number(s) in writing either by post or email, as an acknowledgement of their registration. Numbers will be generated by the Fundraising Database in sequential order as the records are entered.
21. The draw will take place on a weekly basis on successive Fridays except on national holidays, in which case it will take place on the nearest working day.
22. Winning numbers will be selected randomly by the Fundraising Database.
23. A financial return will be posted to Chichester District Council under the Gambling Act 2005, at the close of each draw. This will be signed by the promoters responsible individuals Sarah Mercer and Amanda Tucker. The return will not include any winners’ details.
24. Lottery income will be distributed on a 50-50 basis; 50% to Love Your Hospital and 50% in prize money. Three prizes will be distributed, in the following ratios:
1st Prize – 60% of prize money
2nd Prize – 25% of prize money
3rd Prize – 15% of prize money
25. Winners will be notified in writing with their winning cheque to the address recorded on the Fundraising Database. This will be posted on or as close to the draw date as possible.
26. Winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published in the local press, on our website and available on request from the Charity office.
27. Prizes will be in the form of sterling cheques and made payable in the participant’s name as indicated on the Fundraising Database taken from the original application.
28. Love Your Hospital assumes no responsibility for dividing winnings amongst syndicate Participants, and strongly advises that syndicates draw up some form of written, signed document that will prevent any dispute amongst Participants should the Lucky Number be drawn.
29. Should one individual represent a particular syndicate and apply to have a number(s) in their name, Love Your Hospital will make any prize cheque due to this individual and it is incumbent upon them to distribute the winnings to the syndicate participants. Clubs or syndicates may apply to join, but it should be noted in the event of a prize cheque being made out the cheque will be payable in the name of this club, and not to an individual.
30. Play cancellation can be carried out at any time with participants numbers continuing in the draw until the credit against each number has reduced to 99p. If participants pay by standing order or Direct Debit then the participant must contact their bank/building society to cancel their instruction. Refunds cannot be made after payment has been credited to a participants number. Refunds can only be made in exceptional circumstances.
31. Any pence credit that remains on a participants account will after a period of ten weeks be treated as a general donation to Love Your Hospital. Any un-cashed prizes will after a period of 12 weeks be treated as a general donation to Love Your Hospital.
Amendments and Changes
32. Love Your Hospital Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules & Regulations without notice.
33. Person responsible for the Lottery on a daily basis is Kelly Newell 0800 028 4890.